Essence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Essence

This is the official forum of the Fantasy Tennis club Essence

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boardwalk Empire

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Boardwalk Empire Empty Boardwalk Empire Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:14 pm

Scialone

Scialone

I saw this new series in Thomas signature, so i thought to start the thread.

It's a gangsta series, with Martin Scorsese as executive producer (as far as i know he also directed first episode), taking place in Atlantic City during prohibitionism period.
Main character is Steve Buscemi playing Nucky Thompson, local public authority and gangster. You also have Michael Pitt playing Jimmy Darmody (a green wannabe gangsta) and a young Al Capone played by Stephen Graham.

Already four episodes been released here.
As gangsta lover my opinion is a bit obvious. ^^'
Anyway the first 2 episodes weren't that good, imvho. I was expecting a little more action. The successive two (on tv last friday) were a lot better. Also cause you start to know better the characters, and you are more into the age of shooting.

2Boardwalk Empire Empty Re: Boardwalk Empire Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:19 pm

HighD

HighD

It will start here next month, can't wait for the german episodes. If it's too much waiting time maybe I have to check the english subbed episodes.. at least I already downloaded them ^^

Also it's an expensive series, if I remember well the most expensive series ever and the 1. episode cost like 15 Mil. It's just great that a fantastic actor like Steve Buscemi is taking the main role, and even more great that Scorsese is working as producer.

Btw, the series won several awards. Golden Globe for example.

3Boardwalk Empire Empty Re: Boardwalk Empire Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:04 pm

Scialone

Scialone

HighD wrote:It will start here next month, can't wait for the german episodes. If it's too much waiting time maybe I have to check the english subbed episodes.. at least I already downloaded them ^^

Actually ive seen all episodes in english, regardless of italian language. ^^'
It's not that easy cause of many slang words and saying, maybe if u can find a version with english subtitles it'd help.

4Boardwalk Empire Empty Re: Boardwalk Empire Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:30 pm

HighD

HighD

Italian language fits good to this sorta stuff, not? I mean I can perfectly imagine The Godfather in ur language, this series too. At least it surely sounds better than for example for the french guys xD

5Boardwalk Empire Empty Re: Boardwalk Empire Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:16 pm

Scialone

Scialone

HighD wrote:Italian language fits good to this sorta stuff, not? I mean I can perfectly imagine The Godfather in ur language, this series too. At least it surely sounds better than for example for the french guys xD

Yes yes, absolutely.
Usually all the gangsta-characters have a sicilian accent and that fits very well.

No, it's me, im an english-addicted.
When i see tv alone i automatically set the english language on anything (movies, sports, series, all). ^^'

6Boardwalk Empire Empty Re: Boardwalk Empire Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:02 pm

pedrin

pedrin

yes its also in my pipeline, it looks great

Btw talking about mafia series, what do u think about los soprano? i started watching but i stayed in season 3 or so cause i started being busy and dexter 6 started too...imo a great serie too

7Boardwalk Empire Empty Re: Boardwalk Empire Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:27 pm

Scialone

Scialone

Well this series ended a couple of weeks ago here in Italy. I wouldn't be honest if i said i was satisfied by it.
Imvho, first episodes were cool but one after another they were kinda repetitive.
I expected much more in general... I cannot be precise about it, but i always had the feeling of something missing while watching it.

Good things: Steve Buscemi (ofc... anyone different from him in that role and the series sunk after a couple of episodes, imo), and the actress playing the role of Michael Pitt's girlfriend (i don't recall the name now).

All in all, i would recommend it to strictly gangsta-style lovers (and prohibitionism haters too ^_^).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum