Essence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Essence

This is the official forum of the Fantasy Tennis club Essence

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mac and Windows

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mac and Windows Empty Mac and Windows Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:47 pm

Scialone

Scialone

Guys,
i know, by browsing the internet, that an Apple computer can emulate Windows, because recent iMac computers have the same processor (Intel core i3, i5, i7) and the graphic card is an Ati.

Do u know if this is really true? Or it's just one of those bold statements?
I mean, im sure enough they can emulate just small and simple programs, but the question is: can they emulate even complex programs like a modern videogame?

2Mac and Windows Empty Re: Mac and Windows Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:20 pm

Kyon

Kyon
Admin

Im not sure, but you're able to use the Windows Emulator on the Mac OS and play a game called 'MapleStory' not sure..

3Mac and Windows Empty Re: Mac and Windows Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:56 pm

HighD

HighD

Yea I asked me the same, cuz u know I'm a damn apple fanboy.

It runs Windows, too.

Have a Windows application you need to use once in a while? No problem. Every new Mac lets you install and run Windows at native speeds, using a built-in utility called Boot Camp.

Setup is simple and safe for your Mac files. After you’ve completed the installation, you can boot up your Mac using either Mac OS X or Windows. (That’s why it’s called Boot Camp.) Or if you want to run Windows and Mac applications at the same time — without rebooting — you can install Windows using VMware or Parallels software.*

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/guide/windows

-> U only need Boot camp, so it's not a rumour ^^

Playing windows games on a Mac

http://www.ehow.com/video_4908863_playing-windows-games-mac.html

As far as I know the current version is 3.1, but I'm not sure.

4Mac and Windows Empty Re: Mac and Windows Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:32 pm

Scialone

Scialone

Thanks for the links, i didnt know that it was so easy to emulate Windows.

Anyway, i checked on iMac specifications and maybe they still are a bit poor talking about graphic cards (i mean, poor to run recent PC games). The basic iMac, the one costing 1.200 euros, has a 256MB ram graphic card, i think that's not enough. And, using 1.200, i can buy a "monster PC", if u know what i mean.

5Mac and Windows Empty Re: Mac and Windows Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:07 pm

HighD

HighD

Another emulation software:

CrossOver Games 10.0, got released today.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum