11% 11% [ 5 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
13% 13% [ 6 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
2% 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 45

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 What's ur favourite genre? on Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:08 am

Before questions like: "Genre of what? Music?" will arrive this thread, we are in TV/Series/Movies thread.. :'D

I would like to know what's ur favourite genre, talking about movies. If I forgot an important genre just tell me and I will edit the poll.

Well I like every kind of movies, but the romantic ones or even more terrible is a romantic comedy with Julia Roberts or the butter face Jennifer Aniston :/ I don't really know why ppl spend euros in cinema for this sorta shit, or even why they waste their time.

Probably the most favourite movies I got in a genre: Gangsta movies or Action-gangsta movies. Classic ones like The Godfather I - III, Carlito's Way, Once Upon A Time In America or Scarface are epic. Action-gangsta movies like Heat or the currently started The Town are fine, too. So my voice goes there.

View user profile

2 Re: What's ur favourite genre? on Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:33 pm

My favourite movies are horror movies ex:I know what you did last summer, Final Destination, Chucky series. But I like dramas, too.(Trapped)

Well, I voted horror.

View user profile

3 Re: What's ur favourite genre? on Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:55 pm

I like almost all of those genres, specially horror nd psycho thrillier Very Happy .
But there was also a time I was totally addicted in Bollywood movies nd I bought every new dvd which came out xD.

View user profile

4 Re: What's ur favourite genre? on Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:29 pm

hard to chose a genre for me, since the most important part for me isnt the genre itself..its most importantly the dialogues and the story/idea of the movie im interested in.
and im a big fan of surprising endings.

cuz of that im not a big fan of romantic movies ( always the same 0815 story/ dialogues and always the same ending)
not a big fan of horror movies ( again mostly not nice dialogues and not realy surprising for me...there are good ones which i really liked saw 1 for example...but its rare)
and same for action movies... always the same more or less

example for films i like :

comedy: i dont like this usual humor like jim carrey or this teeny films (fun to watch in groups when drunk or sth..but not good movies itself.)
i like dumb humor like in life of brian/monthy python and the holy grail or leslie nielsen in naked gun or in scary movie 3/4 .. simple but great and timeless Very Happy
but humor in movies like snatch /lock, stock & two smoking barrels is simply great too. plus they got a nice story and awesome characters...these two movies are simply great

movies with nice dialogues:

i guess every tarantino film could be mentioned here..hes the master of dialogues + the rest of his movies are epic too.
guy ritchie is coming maybe the nearest to tarantino.

great ideas/storys:

even tho they arent expensive or dont have famous actors they still can be awesome.
memento is an awesome movie.. not doubts..simply great.. watched it more than 5 times so far and i still find out new things every time. very complex but awesome.
a film with a great idea is "man from earth".. its just a man sitting in a room and telling a story .. thats more or less all. when it was over after like 90 minutes i was sad, cuz i would have liked to go on listening. the film costs were about 20.000 or 200.000 dollar .. forgot.. it was cheap but great Wink

i love film endings:

even tho a film sucks, i can still dont dislike them if the end surprises me Smile
"the others" for example.. boring movie, but the end makes it to an average movie.
great movies with great endings are for example:
"se7en" ( i surprisingly like a lot of movies by him, same for leonardo di caprio oO)
and "usual suspects" .. i could watch those movies over and over again.

bit off topic maybe, but not my problem

View user profile

5 Re: What's ur favourite genre? on Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:58 pm

I´ve voted for Adventure , Action , Comedy and Fantasie.

I am not someone who would say..." woah c´mon guys, a new fantasie film is released, lets go and watch it"

Let´s give some examples, I´ve bought Harry Potter 1-5. It´s very cool how the film is done. The story, the effects...and and and.

In the part of comedy, I love Big mama house 2. The story is not the best, mainly you can tell it in 30 sec what the film about is. But imo that´s important, otherwise the movie would get annoying ( like "Get smart")

Action:
I would not say that I dislike films like fast and the furious and so on. But its boring after all cause its all the time the same. I need a movie where is a bit of shooter, criminal stuff, some cars, a bit humor and so on. So some things of this and some things of that. As example " Running scared"

Adventure...well...^^' Hero? I hope its an adventure xD The movie is rlly boring...but if you think ( in this case I ^^) about the story...I just thought..wow. I hated to watch the film but the story was always the reason to watch is. I could buy the cd of it haha.

All in all I would watch every movie, so long there is a cool story. But since some time I dislike the new movies..there is always a crapy end. Or films which become a second part or even a trilogie. It´s getting worse than the first one. Example here -> Matrix.

The last movie where I could say " thumbs up" is Twelve. It´s really nice. It is about ...kind of sex drugs and rock´n roll. Even 50 cent did his job good.
well, if you are interessted in, watch the trailer. Would you ask me for an advise, I would say Twelve :p

Time to go in my bed ~ so good night guys

View user profile

6 Re: What's ur favourite genre? on Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:39 pm

cloverfield had an epic ending btw too. at least for me.

watched in the cinema (made the film a bit better since the special effects are a little more impressive).
movie itself was kinda unnecassery .. nothing new and so on... but it was just fun when at the end everyone in the cinema was complaining about the ending and were mostly fucked up.. and that situation somehow flashed me and gave me a bright smile Smile

just came up to my mind.. so i felt like posting it bla

View user profile

7 Re: What's ur favourite genre? on Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:54 am

I voted Horror. I am watching 2-3 movies per day but there are almost no good movies left.
Can you tell me some good titles?

View user profile

8 Re: What's ur favourite genre? on Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:26 pm

hey sneijder, for me some nice horror movies are
Friday the 13th (has many parts Wink )
Nightmare on Elm Street
Freddy vs. Jason
Hatchet (also funny^^)
Dead girl (but it´s a bit..."perverse")
of course SAW
Hostel 1
Scream
Halloween (even if it´s an oldie Rolling Eyes )
Dawn of the dead
Braindead (most fake-blood ever, no joke)
You have to watch Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street and after this Freddy vs. Jason, cause there are the 2 killers of the both movie before together in one movie...but i think nearly everyone knows the movie, i hope you don´t Wink

View user profile

9 Re: What's ur favourite genre? on Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:14 pm

Friday 13th and Freddy vs Jason I saw.

But my favorite is Psycho Shocked !!

View user profile

10 Re: What's ur favourite genre? on Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:19 pm

you have to watch "ANightmare on Elm Street" , otherwise you wouldn´t understand freddy vs. jason Razz

View user profile

11 Re: What's ur favourite genre? on Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:31 pm

Thanks ShWhell i will download couple of movies from your list. I have all the time in the world <3 it's holiday woho:bball:

I found a serial The Walkin Death .It has 1 season and 6 episodes. I saw only 1 episode and it is damn interesting. lol!

View user profile

12 Re: What's ur favourite genre? on Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:57 pm

View user profile

13 Re: What's ur favourite genre? on Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:35 pm

yep ^^
I love this series
but now I gotta wait till the new episodes arrived here Sad

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum